Have you heard the word MOT a lot recently? Yes, it is not uncommon for car owners to come across this word. It stands for the Ministry of Car test that every vehicle has to pass if it is more than three years old. So, for you, it is a matter of great concern. And this is the reason you should be completely aware of everything related to this test.
The common queries car owners have about the MOT test!
Just like you, there are billions of other drivers in the United Kingdom eager to know about this test. As the government is strict about this matter, you definitely can’t skip it. However, it is also essential that you get your car ready for this examination. And if your vehicle is in Essex for Mot, contact Chigwell Motor Works. They perform this test of your automobile and help you get through this by ensuring that your car gets the entire repair and the service it requires. And for answers to the common crucial questions about the test, keep reading.
- When do I need to get an MOT test? –When your car becomes three years old, you have to get the MOT test on that very day. After this, you have to carry out the same examination each year on the same date to assure that your vehicle is in good condition and worth driving on the roads.
- Can I delay the test? – No, you absolutely cannot delay the MOT test at all. You can carry out the examination either a day prior or on the same day. But never even a day later. If you delay this matter even for a day, driving such a vehicle is illegal by the State.
- How much time is needed to complete this test – Normally, this test does not take more than 45 minutes to complete. However, it can take longer depending upon some unexpected issues with your vehicle or with the examiner.
- How do I know when my MOT test is scheduled? – You only have to search for your car registration number on the government website, and you will get to know when your MOT test is due. And during the test, you will receive a receipt that specifies your next test date.
- How do I prepare my car to pass the MOT test? –To ensure that your car passes the MOT test, you have to make it ready for the examination. To ensure that everything goes well, you need to:
- Keep your car clean from inside and outside.
- Lubricate the engine parts well and add fluid so that it works fine.
- Clean the number plates so that it is perfectly readable.
- Make sure the windscreen wipers are working well.
- All the lights should be in their working condition.
- Check the brake, clutch, and gear of the car and ensure they are functioning smoothly.
- The car must not be emitting black smoke or making weird noises when you ignite it.
- Proper working wheels and their proper alignment is crucial as well.
- Your vehicle’s identification number is displayed under the bonnet or near your windscreen. Make sure it is visible during the test.
- The examiner will check your steering wheel without a doubt. If it shows any problems, don’t delay in treating them as well.
- What to do if my car is recalled? – There are thousands of cars piled up for the recalled MOT test. If yours is one of these, make sure to clear the vehicle at the earliest.
- Can I sell a car that is recalled?– No, you cannot sell your car if it is recalled until you clear the MOT test. It will still be illegal to drive it.
Did you get the answers you were looking for? Now that you are aware of the importance of this test make sure not to miss it when the time arrives. After all, it is necessary for your and everyone’s complete safety!