Do you know when it’s time to call in a professional plumber? No doubt you’re familiar with situations such as leaks that need fixing before they become major issues, gas lines that need maintenance by a professional, pipes that make a banging noise when the water is turned on, and more. A plumber can handle installations, repairs and maintenance but what about a clogged sink or a blocked drain? A lot of people make the mistake of thinking they can handle blockages themselves. The fact is, when you are dealing with blocked drains Perth you should call a plumber.
Clogged drains are not just a small nuisance
It might seem that a blocked drain is not a big deal. It is just a small issue after all, right? Well initially perhaps, but as with any small plumbing problem, it can become more serious and lead to other issues. That is why you should never hesitate to call in a drain plumber Perth. After all, you’ll save money and time in the long term!
Spotting signs of a blocked or clogged drain
Just a few of the more common signs of a drain that is clogged or blocked include;
- Rather than water draining down the plug, it gets backed up in the sink
- Water pools and drains a lot slower than it used to
- A smell of rotting food is coming from the kitchen sink area when there is no rotting food in sight
- You might see water pooling around your feet when you are in the shower
- When you turn on the water in the sink you see the toilet water bubbling
- You might have a strong sewage smell coming from one of the toilets
- When you use the dishwasher or your washing machine you hear a drain making a gurgling noise
- There could be pools of water next to or around a sink or the bathtub
Clearing the blockage
If you are experiencing blocked drains Perth, there are a few things you can do before you call a plumber but if they are not successful it is common to still need a plumber.
- If it is a sink that is blocked, partly fill it with water making sure to cover any overflow hole.
- Plunge the open drain using the right type of plunger. Work it up and down making sure you get good suction and repeat. It can take several minutes to have success.
- If you are trying to unblock a toilet you would use a different plunger but still the same process.
- Avoid pouring chemicals into your system as they are not good for your plumbing or the environment.
- Avoid sticking a wire coat hanger down the toilet as it scratches and causes damage if you do not know what you’re doing.
- Remember that preventative maintenance with a drain plumber Perth is important and can help avoid larger more expensive problems.
As the world is doing it’s best to combat the COVID-19 pandemic, Kinima Physio is offering Perth physio online consultations.
It’s convenient, it’s secure and proven to be very effective. Don’t suffer in silence, we’re here to help.
Kinima Physio delivers professional 1-on-1 physiotherapy consultations via a private & secure online video platform. You can access this service from the convenience and comfort of your own home.