There are several companies known as drug companies in the market. They are basically a commercial business enterprise with a proper license that allows them to research, develop and even market and distribute drugs that are needed most in the healthcare sector. Most of these companies have their personalised and customised pharmaceutical labs or laboratories where they deal with either any generic or brand medication. These labs have to follow a number of important laws and regulations regarding carrying out the different activities.
Basic task of the Pharmaceutical Lab
There are many function a drug lab has to do. The below mentioned are oveerview of their basic task:
- Patenting: the process of creating new medicine that have the possibilities to be used for specific medication. There is always scope for the demand of a certain formula medicine especially in a particular regional area. Hence patenting is the right solution for all pharmaceutical labs.
- Testing: no medicine is released in the market unless it is verified and tested by the experts. Wrong odase and ingredients could have severe negevtive affect on the patient. The brand and the manufactring lab will never want to take the blame of presenting someone with a deadly drug. The testing are usualy done by volunteers in controlled conditons. There is no harm done to animals in some medicine development.
- Marketing of the drugs: it will be a waste if pharmaceutical lab invent somehting and cannot sell it. The amount of money and effort that goed into the making of the drugs is immense. Hence marketing these medicine and the brand is a compulsaory step to get proft.
- Prescription drugs and medicines: there are many doctors who advise a certain dosage of the medicine to a patient. It is possible that the exact dose in mg does not exist or has been stopped from manufacturing. It is the task of these labs to get their clients the right drug prescribed to them by their health care doctors.
The development stages of a drug:
The creation of a medicine reuires a lot od patience and knoledge. Below is the ste wise represtation of the creation of a medicine:
- Discovery of the drug: A lot of monetary as well as technical investment is required for developing and researching pharmaceutical drugs. In most pharmaceutical labs there are expert professionals who through their knowledge and skills conduct surveys and research in order to find out the most relevant health issues among people.
- Pre-clinical research: During this stage, the professionals use their knowledge and the available technology to understand the various aspects of a drug like its efficacy, toxicity and others.
- Clinical development: After completion of the pre-clinical research work, the clinical trials are run along with important studies about the drug in the pharmaceutical labs. Many experts consider that the clinical development stage is the most important part of this whole process.
- Reviewing and approving the product: Once the drug is formulated the various reports about the trials are passed on to the regulatory bodies who approve the drug and its use after proper examination.
With help of the latest technological improvements and advances every day there has been the introduction of processes and techniques that help in speeding up the process in Pharmaceutical Lab. Developing a drug through this complex process is considered to be quite expensive. Most pharmaceutical companies test and clarify their products that would be used for clinical purposes and consumption by the customers. The research work helps them to realise and develop the probable solutions to help society.