Many people have this question in their head – can pilonidal sinus be the cause of fistula? The pilonidal sinus is an unavoidable condition that can occur in both genders. However, younger men are more likely to suffer from pilonidal sinus. The pilonidal sinus begins as the formation of a cyst-like structure on the tailbone, right close to the cleft in the buttocks. In the beginning, the pilonidal cyst is visible as a dimple-like depression that then develops to become a large cyst. This cyst that is infectious contains hair, debris, and bacteria, and can cause a lot of discomfort for the patient. Go to the best Fistula Doctor in Kolkata.
Usually, when a cyst forms in a cyst, it causes it to expand and the problem becomes more grave. If these cysts continue expanding, they will connect via the sinuses or passages beneath the skin. Therefore, the cyst that has the appearance of a sinus or tunnel under the skin is known as a pilonidal sinus.
What causes pilonidal sinus fistula?
Fistulas can be caused by the pilonidal sinus in a rare and serious case. A condition in which pilonidal sinus causes fistula is referred to as pilonidal fistula in-ano. According to studies conducted recently, the Pilonidal Fistula-inano is a rare condition and only 6 cases have been documented until this point. Although the odds of developing this complication are very low urgent medical attention is required for pilonidal sinuses and fistulas.
In both of these situations the sinus, or tract is formed underneath the skin in the area of the anal. The fluid that is infected continues to drain from the sinuses. There is a commonality in these signs it could make you consider if they are linked to illnesses. This can be a source of concern for those who are currently suffering from the pilonidal syndrome.
Now, let’s take a brief look at the risk factors for fistulas
- Constipation chronic
- Diarrhea that is frequent or chronic
- Prolonged fissure
- The strain is too great when you the bowel movements
- Heavy weight lifting
These are the most significant risk factors of fistula that you should be looking out for. Make contact with an expert doctor to discuss the procedure to treat fistula.
Learn about the causes that make someone more likely to develop a pilonidal sinus
Pilonidal sinus risk factors can be as the following:
- Long hours of work that force you to work for 8-10 hours a day.
- Obesity, or bodyweight excess, is a significant risk factor for pilonidal sinus. Not maintaining adequate hygiene levels increases the risk of developing a pilonidal syncytial sinus.
- A lifestyle that is sedentary could eventually lead to the pilonidal sinus.
- The accumulation of sweat in the cleft of the buttocks contributes the unhygienic conditions.
- One must be cautious and adhere to an active lifestyle to stay clear of these dangerous factors.
The symptoms that can be confirmed Pilonidal Sinus:
- Purulent discharge with an unpleasant smell
- A bleed is seen from the area of the pilonidal sinus
- The scarring of the skin is right above and below the buttocks.
- Pain when sitting or in tight clothing
- They are typical symptoms that indicate pilonidal sinus which is alarming enough to get medical attention.
Similar to that, there is a painful condition in which the sinus or tract grows within the body. The condition is Fistula. In the fistula, the abnormal passage or tract develops within the exterior and inner opening that is the anus. A purulent, infectious fluid keeps flowing out of the tract. In most cases, bleeding happens as well as the discharge. So, it’s not recommended to not attend to it.
Both of them require prompt treatment in order to become free and well once and for all.
Treatments are required for both of these diseases, Pilonidal Sinus and Fistula. Do not delay treatments to treat Pilonidal Sinus or Fistula. Refraining from a procedure for either of the conditions can result in severe complications.
Complications that occur when Pilonidal Sinus is untreated:
- Skin cancer is a rare risk.
- Infections throughout the body
- The complications that occur that can occur when Fistula is not treated
- Anal Cancer
- IBS is an inflammation Bowel Syndrome
- Inflammation of the colon that is caused by ulcers
It is, naturally recommended to receive the proper treatment in time to prevent these problems from occurring. The new treatment options for pilonidal sinus as well as fistula are extremely simple and efficient. Comparatively to conventional surgeries, the rate of success for the most modern treatment methods for these ailments is extremely impressive.
The open or traditional procedures for these diseases are complicated and require lengthy downtime after the procedure. All of these factors contribute to making it difficult for people who are considering the procedure. In addition, the patient is expected to suffer from discomfort and pain during the healing process. It is important to note that there is a high chance of developing infections or recurrence following conventional surgical procedures. Thus, the modern laser-assisted procedure is a superior alternative.
Modern laser-based treatment options for Pilonidal Sinus
The treatment using lasers of Pilonidal Sinus is minimally invasive. The procedure is non-invasive and does not require any incisions or cuts within the body. The high-precision laser directly affects the sinus, without causing harm to nearby tissues. The patient is not afflicted with the pain while under anesthesia. It’s a daycare process that allows patients to return home the next day. The laser procedure is advanced and provides a speedy and smooth recovery. The patient fully recovers within three to five days and can return to work.
Additional benefits of laser treatment for pilonidal sinus
- The pilonidal cyst doesn’t reappeared.
- There is no abscess formation
- There isn’t any bleeding or scarring
- There is no risk of skin cancer
- Modern treatment using lasers for Fistula
The laser-assisted technique mentioned above is utilized to treat fistulas too. The Fistula treatment in Kolkata with lasers ensures that the fistula will not appear again. Another of the USPs of the treatment is that the risk of complications is negligible. Furthermore, the entire procedure can take only 30 minutes to finish.
There is no reason to be worried about treatment for fistulas and pilonidal sinus. The latest laser treatment is the most permanent option.
Follow this blog for more updates.