A runner rug, also known as just a runner, is a rug that is long and narrow. They are generally rectangular in design but sometimes you can find them in other unique shapes. No matter what shape the runner rugs Australia it will always be longer than it is wide. You can find them in entryways, hallways, bedrooms, staircases, and in front of the sink in the bathroom or kitchen.
- When you use runner rugs on hardwood floors it will make them more comfortable to walk on. They can also provide better traction and help to prevent slipping on the smooth wooden floor surface. They will also provide warmth to your feet from the cold floors.
- Using olive green rugs Australia can add color and character to a dull room.
- These rugs are ideal for putting in a small space due to their narrow width where a larger rug might not be suitable. This is the main reason these are so popular. You can use them in places other rugs do not fit. You can change a bedroom floor or hallway from dull and drab to colorful and warm.
Places to use runner rugs
- Bedroom—it is nice to get out of bed and have something warm and comfortable under your feet instead of a cold floor. One reason to use a runner rug here is that many times if you use a regular rug, a large portion of it is hidden under the bed. With a runner rug, you get to see the entire rug, not just a part of it.
- Hallways and entryways—many times these areas are drab and stark, but you can easily change that by using runner rugs Australia. Do not just leave this area looking drab. Use a runner rug that will bring some color to the area. You can just use a brightly colored runner rug in these areas to give it more appeal. It will make your home warm and inviting if you have this rug in your entranceway where friends and family come in the door.
In these areas, you can use formal or informal runners. It depends on the type of ambiance you want to create. It will also help to separate the private areas of your home, such as bedrooms, from the other rooms like the kitchen or living room.
- Kitchen—you can get these types of rungs in a variety of sizes so you can find one that will fit in the smallest floor space. You could probably even find one that would go into the oddest floor space shape you have in the kitchen. Here is another space where you could use olive green rugs Australia to give the room a splash of color.
Small areas—this can be in any room or area in your home. Most homes have some small narrow areas where a regular type of rug will not fit. This could be the pantry, closet, or laundry room. Runner rugs would work out well in these areas.
Bio – Rug Addiction brings you meticulously crafted rugs created to enrich your space with a luxurious finish. We are home to hand-made rugs imported from Europe and Arab nations in an assortment of sizes and styles. Designed to accentuate your interiors, we have unique pieces to add a touch of distinctiveness to your home. Explore our collection to discover fabulous rug options offering the highest level of comfort underfoot.